We checked this book out from Piano Man’s school library. It’s a nice take on an American-style hamburger.
1 bag of pita bread, cut in half
1 lb. of ground beef
1 medium onion, sliced
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp salt
½ cup of chopped parsley
1 cucumber, sliced
1-2 tomatoes, sliced
1 cup of tahini or hummus (pre-made)
1. Mince garlic, onion.
2. Mix ground beef with onion, garlic, parsley, salt. Form into patties.
3. Cook meat to your preferences lightly in olive oil.
4. Slice cucumbers, tomatoes.
5. Place burgers, cucumbers, and tomatoes into pita bread.
6. Dip or add tahini or hummus into pita bread.
The directions we provide is a variation from the recipe in the book. It’s just a slightly different take on making/eating hamburgers at home.
Add french fries, a salad, or whatever other side dishes you desire, and voila! You have another dinner that is sure to be a hit with the family!